Search for your subject in books, magazines, journals, newspapers, encyclopedia articles, and other resources brought to Kansans by the State Library of Kansas.
Databases from the State Library of Kansas - available to all Kansans
- genealogy resources, available on computers used inside the Library
- Auto Repair Reference Center - find vehicle repair information, including wiring diagrams
- Business Searching using Business Source Premier - full text for more than 2,100 business journals
- Consumer Health Complete - consumer-oriented information on health-related topics
- EBSCOhost Espanol - information in Spanish
- EBSCOhost Research Databases - the full list of provided EBSCO databases
- History Reference Center - comprehensive full text history reference database
- Kids Search - a child-friendly, graphically-rich design for finding information
- Literary Reference Center - information on thousands of authors and their works
- Searchasaurus - an exciting and easy way for young researchers to experience online searching
- Small Business Reference Center - information on topics related to starting a company, operations management, sales, and growing or rescuing a business
- Student Research Center - students may search by keyword or by topic to find magazines, reference books, photos, flags, etc.
- TumbleBooks - find storybooks, read-alongs, puzzles & games, videos, and more for kids and parents!
- best seller lists, award winners, featured books, plus links to NPL’s catalog
- sign up to receive e-mail updates and reviews on what’s new in your favorite genres
- use username and password: 363046 to access updates to American Chamber of Commerce Resources
- search holdings of 900 Kansas libraries
- academic and career-oriented resources, including practice tests, tutorials, and job-search and career-guidance information
- online language-learning system teaching conversation skills for a wide variety of languages, available to NPL cardholders
- log in with your Newton Public Library card to access the magazine that’s been an inspiration since 1888, as well as a topic database
- through a contract with OverDrive, audio books, ebooks, music and videos are available, using your Newton Public Library card
- activate your account with a one-time set-up at Newton Public Library to read your favorite magazines online, cover-to-cover, from home