Need Information or Digital Materials?
What’s New? Hoopla! Instantly borrow eBooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, music, TV series and more, 24/7 with your Newton Public Library card. No waiting, no late fees, four items a month are always available.
Magazines you know and love from the Flipster newsstand! Select your favorite digital magazine and start reading with your Newton Public Library card.
Another Great Resource! Lynda.com offers online video tutorials and training in many subjects, including 3-D animation, audio, music, CAD, design, developer, education, IT, marketing, photography, video, and web.
Databases from the State Library of Kansas – available to all Kansans
- Search for your subject in books, magazines, journals, newspapers, encyclopedia articles, and other resources brought to Kansans by the State Library of Kansas.
- genealogy resources, available on computers used inside the Library
- watch the story, read the book with Scholastic
- collections, digitized through the South Central Kansas Library System, that may include text documents, letters or diaries, maps, photographs, audio and/or video files that reflect the history of an individual library and its community, or are of general historical interest
- Auto Repair Reference Center – find vehicle repair information, including wiring diagrams
- Business Searching using Business Source Premier – full text for more than 2,100 business journals
- Consumer Health Complete – consumer-oriented information on health-related topics
- EBSCOhost Research Databases – the full list of provided EBSCO databases
- Explora General Research – topical resources for the general public
- Explora Primary Schools – topical resources for the younger grades
- Explora Secondary Schools – topical resources for the older grades
- History Reference Center – comprehensive full text history reference database
- Literary Reference Center – information on thousands of authors and their works
- Small Business Reference Center – information on topics related to starting a company, operations management, sales, and growing or rescuing a business
- Student Research – information for high school students
- best seller lists, award winners, featured books, plus links to NPL’s catalog
- sign up to receive e-mail updates and reviews on what’s new in your favorite genres
- search the census, books, Revolutionary War records, Freedman’s Bank and other records
- instantly borrow eBooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, music, TV series and more with your Newton Public Library card. Borrow up for four items per month with no waiting, no late fees, and items listed are always available
- use username and password: 363046 to access updates to American Chamber of Commerce Resources
- search holdings of 900 Kansas libraries
Learning Express from Ebsco
- academic and career-oriented resources, including practice tests, tutorials, and job-search and career-guidance information
- Job and Career Accelerator
- improve your skills in business, technology or creative pursuits
- more than a thousand courses of project-based, in-person learning
- online language-learning system teaching conversation skills for a wide variety of languages, available to NPL cardholders
- log in with your Newton Public Library card to access the magazine that’s been an inspiration since 1888, as well as a topic database
- find reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health
- through a contract with OverDrive, audio books, ebooks, music and videos are available, using your Newton Public Library card
- learn on your own time from real instructors and receive free Continuing Education Units (CEU) on selected courses