World Book Early Learning
- This online resource for preschoolers and children in the early elementary grades includes 125+ interactive videos; 350+ photographs; 400+ educational activities and games designed to reinforce reading comprehension; and aids for preschool classrooms, library story times, and at-home learning.
World Book Kids
- An ideal learning resource for elementary-aged students, designed to build confidence and encourage creativity with image-driven navigation and inquiry-based activities. The site features easy-to-read articles that can be read aloud or translated, and a wealth of engaging games, science projects, and activities. Encourage self-direction with visual navigation in Explore, independent learning with WebQuests, and compare and contrast skills with Compare Animals and Compare Places. Includes additional teaching tools for educators and parents.
Find magazine and encylopedia articles.
Explora has primary level homework resources.
Learning Express has practice tests, exercises, and skill-building courses.
lynda.com has courses for in-person, project-based learning
Try these web sites:
- Book Adventure – a FREE reading motivation program
- BrainPOP – animated, curriculum based content
- Bureau of Labor Statistics for K-12 – learn about careers, play “name that state”, and more
- Day by Day Family Literacy Calendar
- Discovery Channel
- DK Find Out – extraordinary images and content from Dorling Kindersley
- Fact Monster – online encyclopedia, almanac, and more
- 50 States facts about every state in the union
- Great Web Sites for Kids from the American Library Association with recommended links to many subjects
- Kansas Book Connect – find books including Accelerated Reader, interest and book level information
- Kids Zone from the State of Kansas
- KidsClick web search for kids by librarians
- KidSpace @ the Internet Public Library with recommended links to many subjects
- NASA for Students from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Geographic Kids
- North American Mammals from the Smithsonian Institution
- Starfall where learning to read is fun
- StoryPlace – stories and activities from the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
- Varsity Tutors – free practice tests
- World Almanac for Kids