By Dan Eells, firstname.lastname@example.org
Now through April 30, Hoopla is offering more than 1,000 “Bonus Borrows”—books, movies and music you can check out without using one of your four monthly borrows.
In case you’re not familiar with Hoopla: Unlike the ebooks and e-audiobooks in the Sunflower eLibrary, titles on Hoopla are available on-demand, so you never have to wait for someone else to turn an item back in. Hoopla can be accessed via mobile apps and web browsers, and it is also compatible with Roku and several different varieties of smart TV.
Download the Hoopla app in the Android or iOs app store (or go to www.hoopladigital.com on your computer), and use your library card and 4-digit PIN to set up an account and log in. If you need help getting set up, email email@example.com or message us on Facebook.
Without further ado, here are some of my favorites from Hoopla’s Bonus Borrows collection.
• Audiobook: Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets, by Dav Pilkey. I have been a fan of Dav Pilkey for years. Captain Underpants is for fans of silly jokes and superheroes.
• Television: Dragons Love Tacos. Dragons and Tacos: It’s a perfect combination.
• Movie: Gaiam: Rodney Yee – Yoga for Beginners. Rodney Yee is a yoga master! I have been doing Rodney’s videos on and off for a few months. You’ll love them!
• eBook: The ABC Murders, by Agatha Christie. Agatha Christie is a classic author of murder and mystery. I always get lost in her books. They are full of great characters and will keep you guessing until the end.
• Comic: Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes. Star Wars is something I like to get lost in, especially when I’m stressed. This series is great, and even better if you love Luke Skywalker.
• Music: The Muppets, by The Muppets. The soundtrack to the 2011 Muppet movies is one of my favorites. It also has one of my favorite Muppet songs on it. Can you guess which one it is?
Use Hoopla’s website to browse the full collection of more than 1,000 Bonus Borrows.